The Asian Turtle Program (ATP) of Indo-Myanmar Conservation (IMC) would like to announce the opportunity to participate in the Fifteenth “Tortoise and Freshwater Turtle Field Skills Training Course”. The course will be hosted by the ATP in collaboration with the Lao Conservation Trust for Wildlife (LCTW).
Course’s participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the identification and conservation status of endangered tortoises and freshwater turtles in Lao PDR;
- Understand more about the biology, behaviour and ecology of tortoises and freshwater turtles;
- Obtain new research skills for field work including surveying, handling animals and data collection on tortoise and freshwater turtle species;
- A chance to complete a short research project during 2019 following the training course.
COURSE IN 2019
- Course date: 28th July- 4thAugust 2019
- Course duration: 8 days
- Location: the Lao Conservation Trust for Wildlife, Namak village, Ban Keun, Laos.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Age requirement: 18 – 35
- Laotian students, young national biologists, conservationists.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Download application form and course information attached below for more details on the course, scholarships and how to apply.
- Applicants can fill out online application form at https://goo.gl/zyk1b6 or email filled application form and scanned copies of supporting documents to ATP email address at email@example.com
SCHOLARSHIPS & FEE
- The course fee is $400.00/participant. The ATP and its partner organisation will be able to provide full or partial scholarship for most participants on this course. However, we are always heavily subscribed for these places.
- This fee goes towards supporting the course costs including tuition, food, accommodation and travel throughout the course.
- Please clearly indicate on the application if you are able to cover your own costs or applying for a scholarship.
Asian Turtle Program (ATP) of Indo-Myanmar Conservation (IMC)
Address: Room 1806, CT1, Bac Ha C14 Building, To Huu Street, Nam Tu Liem, Ha Noi
Phone: +84 (024) 7302 8389
Please download information sheet and application form at the following link: