Adopt a turtle
$25.00 – $250.00
The perfect gift for an animal lover. The Turtle Adoption Package allows you to support the protection and conservation of some of the world’s rarest tortoise and freshwater turtle species. You can make the adoption for yourself or give it as a birthday, Christmas, anniversary or any other occasion gift.
Use code FREESHIP, to enjoy free shipping on all adoption options; valid until 31st December 2021.
The Turtle Conservation Centre (TCC) of Cuc Phuong National Park is breeding a whole range of endangered and critically endangered turtle species with support from the Asian Turtle Program (ATP) of Indo-Myanmar Conservation (IMC). Our long-term plans are to breed and release some of the animals successfully hatched and raised in the centre back into the wild. Many native populations have been greatly reduced by hunting and trade and populations need increasing to support their recovery. Many of these animals will have to be kept in captivity for a number of years whilst they grow big enough to be protected against natural wild predators or we work with local communities and authorities to improve protection of their habitat. Your support will help us look after these little guys until they are ready to make it in the big, wide, world.
NOW, we are also offering some critically threatened species, not currently bred at the centre, for adoption. These include the Big-headed Turtle (Platysternon megacephalum) which are being confiscated in larger number in 2016 and 2017 and which need intensive rehabilitation and care.
- Indochinese Box Turtle (Cuora galbinifrons)
- Bourret’s Box Turtle (Cuora bourreti)
- Keeled Box Turtle (Cuora mouhotii)
- Vietnamese Pond Turtle (Mauremys annamensis)
- Four-eyed Turtle (Sacalia quadriocellata)
- Elongated Tortoise (Indotestudo elongata)
- Big-headed Turtle (Platysternon megacephalum)
100% of your adoption will go to support the care of turtles and their conservation by:
- Providing food and improved enclosures for the turtles
- Providing any necessary veterinary treatments and essential care
- Supporting our dedicated team of animal keepers in Vietnam
- Helping with rescue and release missions