We are now seeking competent individuals with proficient skills for the following positions. If there are no suitable positions for you, we welcome you to email us regarding the position you are interested in and we will keep your profile with us.
Communications intern: 01 vacant
Title: Communications Intern
Organization: Asian Turtle Program (ATP)
Start date: May 2019
Duration: One year with possible promotion
Position reports to: Vietnam Turtle Program Coordinator
About the ATP in Vietnam
The Asian Turtle Program was established in 1998, incorporated into the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo/Cleveland Zoological Society’s Asia regional program in 2003. More recently, in 2014, the ATP merged with the UK registered charity, Indo-Myanmar Conservation (IMC), to extend the scope of work to include additional taxa during field surveys and alternative livelihoods. Since the ATP originated with the development of the Turtle Conservation Centre (TCC) at Cuc Phuong National Park in Vietnam a key focus has always been on the conservation of Tortoises and Freshwater Turtles (TFT) in Southeast Asia, with a focus on Vietnam.
The aim of the ATP is to establish a safe and sustainable future for Asian turtles, and to ensure that no further turtle species become extinct in the region. We implement strategic interventions that directly contribute to the conservation of Asian turtles, helping to ensure efficient use of limited resources, as well as developing capacity, strengthening leadership, and ultimately effecting positive attitudinal and behavioural change within society.
Activities in Vietnam have focused on priority species including critically endangered and endemic species of greatest conservation concern. Project focus on the endemic Vietnamese Pond Turtle (Mauremys annamensis), Bourret’s Box Turtle (Cuora bourreti), Southern Vietnamese box turtle (Cuora picturata) in central Vietnam, and the legendary Hoan Kiem Turtle/Swinhoe’s Softshell Turtle (Rafetus swinhoei) in northern Vietnam. Swinhoe’s Softshell Turtle is largely recognised as the most endangered turtle species in the world.
Scope of work
The objective of this assignment is to assist the IMC through providing office based support for all aspects of IMC activities with a focus on the development of high quality communications products.
The Communications Intern will undertake communication-related jobs at both organizational and program levels. The Communication Intern’s tasks include but are not limited to the followings:
- Provide support to IMC website development including translating press releases into Vietnamese, scanning news; prepare weekly turtle bulletin, etc.
- Support project coordinator/officer in developing awareness materials such as producing videos, posters, infographics, brochures, etc. as required to promote the ATP’s research and conservation work in Vietnam
- Help develop both internal and external communication platforms (newsletters, Facebook, presentation and document standards, website, various promotional materials, etc.)
- Provide support to ATP – IMC communications (including soft/hard filing system, data input/collection for the library, research database, resources distribution,…)
- Provide support to administrative work including translation documents into English and Vietnamese
- Update illegal trade database
- Involve with ATP’s website improvement
- Provide daily support to other office works and project activities as required by IMC’ staff.
- Any other tasks as agreed with the supervisor
- Demonstrated good level photography and videography skills
- Good English and Vietnamese skill, both written and verbal
- Experience using graphic and/or publication design programs
- Passionate about wildlife conservation
- Able and willing to work well in field
- High level of motivation, with ability to remain focused with limited supervision
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, CV, and supporting documents to:
Ms. Bui Thi An – Office Manager
Application deadline 15th May 2019
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted