The Asian Turtle Program (ATP) of Indo-Myanmar Conservation (IMC) is, once again, collaborating with the Turtle Conservation Center, Cuc Phuong National Park (NP), Vietnam to organize the sixteenth Tortoise and Freshwater Turtle Field Skills Training Course
- Obtain new research skills for field work including surveying, proper handling and data collection on tortoise and freshwater turtle species;
- Gain in-depth knowledge of turtle biology, behaviour and ecology;
- Learn about the identification and conservation status of tortoises and freshwater turtles in Vietnam;
- Have a chance to design and complete a short research project during 2020, following course completion.
- Course date: 1st – 8th August 2020
- Course duration: 08 days
- Location: Cuc Phuong NP, Nho Quan District, Ninh Binh Province
Candidates should be early career conservationists and scientists.
We strongly encourage applications from Vietnamese students, Laotian students enrolled at Vietnamese universities, young national biologists, rangers and conservationists.
To promote fair access to all backgrounds, ATP/IMC will offer a limited number of full or partial scholarships to fund student places. The total cost is 6,500,000 VND per participant.
Please clearly indicate in the application if you are able to cover your own costs or wish to apply for a scholarship.
The above course fee covers food, accommodation and travel for whole course.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Asian Turtle Program (ATP) of Indo-Myanmar Conservation (IMC)
Address: Room 1806, CT1, Bac Ha C14 Building, To Huu Street, Nam Tu Liem, Ha Noi
Phone: +84 (024) 7302 8389
Please download information sheet and application form at the following link: